Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Fault code reset does not seem to be wor...
Fault code reset does not seem to be working

1960 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2018-07-21 19:05:11

•   Level 1   
    (5) points

2018-07-21 19:05:11

I recently had quite serious electrical faults with my Renault scenic 11 (2005) 1.5dci which turned out to be a damaged wire coming out of the Control box at the back of the battery, once I had repaired this wire I was left with the  air bag light on (which had previous to the fault not been on) so I just bought the DIY Diaglink version of the MD802 which I found to be very helpful in identifying and diagnosing fault codes, what I wanted to do was reset the fault code as I was a aware that if a real air bag fault was present the light would comeback on again and I would know then that I would need to rectify the issue but if it stayed off it would be due to the previous electric issue I had experienced and not a genuine air bag fault.
    So I set about erasing the code but it came up with the following message "Erase Code Commands Sent, perform read codes function to verify" and the code was not erased can anyone enlighten me to what this  means and why it did not not erase the air bag code which I was hoping that it would do.

A point to note is I had a bit of an issue with erasing code on a  previous Autel reader I had but that was because I was not aware that to get the ignition to work without the engine started on the scenic 11 (in order to erase the codes) you have to press the ignition button whilst holding down the brake pedal  just for a second or so just long enough so the engine wont start and I was able to erase the codes if I did the above but they were engine related codes not related to the Air bag as this one is.

any ideas /suggestions would be very helpful
    Thanks in advance
    file:  DSC_0004.JPG
  Total1 Pages